The third annual Doody’s Digital Workshop for Society Executives offers a strategic view of key challenges facing publishing, education, and even membership executives: how to channel disruptive change to your ultimate advantage. Technology has disrupted how your members expect you to connect with them and how you gather and deliver your intellectual property. In addition, millennials – your youngest members and the key to your future – are overturning comfortable assumptions about information resources, membership organizations, and many other elements critical to the future of your society.
Why should you attend this workshop?
Take-aways tailored to the association environment from each session. This workshop was conceived by and planned with the help of five society executives who understand the unique challenges of leveraging the same technological tools that have disrupted the market to create and disseminate your valuable content, and the challenges of a new generation with different values. Meet and learn from both experts and colleagues who are solving the same problems that you are facing.
Lasting connections with association colleagues. This workshop is offered to only a select number of society executives. Attendance is limited and the workshop is specifically structured to encourage greater peer sharing and interaction. Establish a network of contacts that you can tap into long after the workshop ends.
What will you learn?
The workshop offers a blend of presentations from experts and hands-on learning with colleagues. Topics covered include:
- Learning to collaborate rather than compete with disruptive innovators that appeal to your members
- Re-skilling your workforce adapt to new digital challenges
- Leveraging partnerships with technology partners
- Offering “freemium” content for strategic purposes
- Transforming print franchises into multi-media revenue leaders
- Social media tactics your members will value
What will you take away from Doody’s Digital Workshop?
- Practical tips about change management tailored for the association environment
- Proven tactics for retraining existing employees in new work flows using new technical tools
- Best practices in partnering with vendors
- Ways you can immediately begin helping your members manage their online reputations
- Strategic management of radical approaches to delivering your content
- Lasting connections with peers from associations in different markets, facing similar challenges
- Resources to share when you return to the office, including all PowerPoint presentations, a summary PowerPoint of all take-away pointes, a workshop participants contact list, and summaries of the case study discussions
How will your learning be facilitated?
- Keynote speeches and panels presented in comfortable classroom setting with state-of-the art technology
- Small-group exercises with peers from other organizations
- An “unconference” session where you suggest the topics you want to discuss in small groups and then select the small groups you want to participate in
- Use this website’s blog to connect with presenters and registrants before and after the workshop