- 10:30 am - 11:00 amRegistration (Coffee and tea served)
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pmIcebreakerA rapid-fire exercise! Come prepared to describe a challenge your organization faces in capturing readers and maintaining their loyalty – in 3 minutes or less. Hear what colleagues from other organizations suggest as solutions based on their experience.
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 amLunch
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Keynote #1
What have we learned and where are we going with digital transformation?
Speaker: Dion Hinchcliffe (Chief Strategy Officer, 7Summits, Inc.)
Using specific and compelling case stories from recent digital transformation efforts, we'll examine what's working and what's not.
- 2:30 pm - 2:45 pmCoffee Break
- 2:45 pm - 3:45 pmCase StudiesEach group will receive one of two short case studies for discussion, followed by focused discussion and group consensus on optimal solutions.
- 3:45 pm - 5:15 pmPanel #1
Spontaneous Combustion: The Confluence of Content and Technology
Panelists: Michael Clarke (Clarke & Co.), Becky Harris (Consultant), Mike Markey (Atypon)
Three panelists offer unique perspectives of how societies can make their intellectual property relevant, meaningful, and profitable, while reskilling their work force to gather and deliver the information using the latest technology.
- 5:15 pm - 5:30 pmBreak
- 5:30 pm - 6:30 pmUnconference timeThis is the part of the workshop where registrants take over. Small groups will be organized around 6 – 8 topics that registrants have suggested.
- 6:30 pm - 7:00 pmCocktail Reception
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmDinner
- 8:00 am - 8:30 amBreakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 amPanel #2
Contemporary Best Practices
Panelists: Barbara Kline Pope (National Academies Press), Dean Manke (Am Soc of Health-System Pharmacists), Susan Gay (Consultant)
These three panelists will discuss best practices in three areas past attendees were most interested in learning about: eBook publishing; protecting the franchise: transforming a print blockbuster into a profitable multi-media venture; and social media.
- 10:00 am - 10:15 amCoffee Break
- 10:15 am - 11:45 amKeynote #2
How millennials learn and engage
Speaker: Joshua Baze (Sr. Vice President, Digital Planning and Strategy, Edelman)
How can understanding how millennials learn and consume information help associations engage them in the associations’ pursuits?
- 11:45 am - 12:00 pmWrap Up