The fourth annual Doody’s Digital Workshop for Society Executives offers a strategic view of key challenges facing publishing, education, and even membership executives: how to understand what success means in the context of professional associations, and how outstanding digital content can help society managers and executives achieve greater success for their organizations.
Why should you attend this workshop?
Take-aways tailored to the association environment from each session. This workshop was conceived by and planned with the help of six society executives who understand the unique challenges of leveraging the same technological tools that have disrupted the market to create and disseminate your valuable content, and the challenges of a new generation with different values. Meet and learn from both experts and colleagues who are solving the same problems that you are facing.
Lasting connections with association colleagues. This workshop is offered to only a select number of society executives. Attendance is limited and the workshop is specifically structured to encourage greater peer sharing and interaction. Establish a network of contacts that you can tap into long after the workshop ends.
Continuing education credits. For the first year, Doody’s Digital Workshop 2016 is an Approved CAE Provider by the American Society of Association Executives. As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 8 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
What will you learn?
The workshop offers a blend of presentations from experts and hands-on learning with colleagues. Learning objectives include:
Area 1: Leadership development
- Understand how to build on success stories as a foundational element for staff development
Area 2: Publishing and Education
- Gain a greater appreciation for ways to optimize the value of digital development and dissemination
- Optimizing the mission vs. margin balance
Area 3: Community engagement
- Utilize existing technical tools to increase engagement
What will you take away from Doody’s Digital Workshop?
- Lasting connections with peers from associations in different markets, facing similar challenges
- Resources to share when you return to the office, including all PowerPoint presentations, a summary PowerPoint of all take-away pointes, a workshop participants’ contact list, and summaries of the case study discussions
- An expanded network of colleagues for associations. This workshop is offered to only a select number of society executives. Attendance is limited and the workshop is specifically structured to encourage greater peer sharing and interaction. Establish a network of contacts that you can tap into long after the workshop ends.
How will your learning be facilitated?
- Keynote speeches and panels presented in comfortable classroom setting with state-of-the art technology
- Small-group exercises with peers from other organizations
- Use this website’s blog to connect with presenters and registrants before and after the workshop