November 9, 2016
- 10:30 am - 11:00 amRegistration
- 11:00 am - 11:45 amIcebreakerGather in small groups to introduce yourself, your organization, and your objectives for attending the workshop -- a chance to learn about some of your fellow attendees.
- 11:45 am - 12:30 pmLunch
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm Keynote #1Bill Detmer, MD, CEO, Unbound Medicine, Charlottesville, VA: This pioneer in the world of medical informatics describes how he addresses the challenges of putting actionable information in front of users at the point of need.
- 2:00 pm - 2:15 pmCoffee Break
- 2:15 pm - 3:45 pmPanel #1: User-centric information design and disseminationPanelists: Tamer Ali, Senior Vice President, YM Learning; Kevin Baliozian, Executive Director, Medical Library Association; Julia Colpitts, Director of Editorial Operations for EBSCO Health
- 3:45 pm - 4:00 pmBreak
- 4:00 pm - 5:30 pmPanel #2: Success stories Panelists: Tristan Gorrindo, MD, Director of Education, American Psychiatric Association; Bruce Polsky, publishing consultant; Michael Springer, Senior Vice President, Business and Publishing, American Dental Association
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmField Trip to AAOS Orthopaedic Learning Center/Cocktail ReceptionTour this state-of-the-art facility and learn about some of its uses in both in-person and distance learning activities.
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmDinner
November 10, 2016
- 8:00 am - 8:30 amBreakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 amKeynote #2Carol McGury, Executive VP, Event and Education Services, SmithBucklin, a pre-eminent association management and services company. This industry leader will describe cutting-edge resources for new product and program development, education strategy and content delivery.
- 10:00 am - 10:15 amCoffee Break
- 10:15 am - 11:30 amCase studiesWork in small groups to explore real-world challenges in developing and delivering digital content to users. Cases are written to stimulate discussion and problem-solving.
- 11:30 am - 11:45 amWrap Up